Introduction to Fixed Income and Bond Markets Course
This one-day course is designed to provide a fast-track introduction to fixed income products and investment principles.
This workshop assumes little or no prior knowledge and is ideal for new hires into the fixed income world – including those in support, infrastructure and IT roles. It aims to improve their understanding of this important asset class and the risks / rewards associated with trading and investing in fixed income.
Where possible we will use practical examples of fixed income securities and look at pricing, issuance process, position management (including risk / duration) and investment motivations.
Case studies form an integral part of the course, to allow the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- The need for fixed income securities in capital raising - loans vs. bonds
- Pricing fixed income and the relationship between price and yield
- The drivers of value and risk in fixed income markets
- Duration, PV01 and convexity
- Interpreting credit risk in fixed income
- Fixed income trading strategies
Who should attend?
- Client services and call centres
- Finance and accounting
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- Legal and compliance
- New entrants
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Introduction and overview
- Who buys fixed income?
- Essential bond market maths
- Government bonds - the markets
- Market drivers
- Other issuers
- Corporate bonds
- Global bonds / Eurobonds
- Credit ratings
- Yield curves
- Interest rate analysis
- Review of risks of investing in bonds
- Fixed income investment strategies