Introduction to Derivatives Course
This half-day course is designed to provide a fast-track introduction to the main derivative contacts and their uses by investment managers.
No prior knowledge is assumed and all terms will be fully explained.
Case studies form an integral part of the course, to allow the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions.
By the end of the course, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Financial Derivatives Instruments (FDIs) – futures, forwards, swaps and options – how they behave, how they differ
- Trading, opening and closing out contracts
- Role of the Clearing House and margin process
- Risks of OTC derivatives
- Investment strategies including UCITS III
Who should attend?
- Client services and call centres
- Finance and accounting
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- Investment professionals
- IT and software developers
- Legal and compliance
- New entrants
- PR and recruitment firms
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Forwards and futures
- Valuing contracts
- Trading futures contracts
- Index futures
- Swaps and CFDs
- UCITS vs AIFMD